Mike's big RS4 modding project

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Mr Footlong
Cruising

Re: Mike's big RS4 modding project

Post by Mr Footlong » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:36 am

Mike, what tool did you find the best for pressing the seat leather back in? My leather is totally fecked on the driver seat and it came to me mostly pulled out. I have used an assortment of flathead screwdrivers and bastardized wider tools but never get it 100% and it just comes out again shortly after.

I was thinking of something along the lines of a wall filler spreader? I had a quick google a while back but I didn't come across a specific tool.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:52 pm

No tools required for me, it just pushed back in by hand. I had a bit sticking out at one side of the seat when I bought it and tried pushing it back in previously but it wouldn't go. When I did the seat I pulled the whole back off all the way round the sides and top, then it just went all back in easy. Are you just trying to push one bit in or did you pull the whole thing off and start from scratch?

sar
4th Gear

Post by sar » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:14 pm

MikeFish wrote:No tools required for me, it just pushed back in by hand. I had a bit sticking out at one side of the seat when I bought it and tried pushing it back in previously but it wouldn't go. When I did the seat I pulled the whole back off all the way round the sides and top, then it just went all back in easy. Are you just trying to push one bit in or did you pull the whole thing off and start from scratch?
+1, like mike says if its too tight or too slack near the part that wont tuck in it can cause problems. pull a bit more out and try shuffle it about a bit, it should tuck back in with a bit of messing.
b7rs4 phantom black, titan pack.

flying_tomatoes
2nd Gear

Post by flying_tomatoes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:49 am

Ive had my covers on and off a few times as well as helped two other people recover/breakdown theirs. This kit helps:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Pas ... ES2500877/
2007 RS4 - Bagged and Blown. IG: @Flying_Tomatoes

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:28 am

I used tools like that to get the seat belt hoops out without breaking the tabs.

flying_tomatoes
2nd Gear

Post by flying_tomatoes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:57 pm

yes, i wouldn't say the tools are required but they most certainly will save your finger tips/nails haha
2007 RS4 - Bagged and Blown. IG: @Flying_Tomatoes

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Fitted a new metal washer fluid cover recently. Makes a nice change from the grubby plastic blue one that was in there before. Only the brake fluid lid now to change. Yes I know the engine needs a good clean and the original carbon engine covers need sorting as they look out of place now. I have the right coolant resorvoir now after buying the wrong one on ebay then realising Audi sell them for just £18. Will fit that soon to freshen it up a little in there.

Last edited by MikeFish on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Finally had my modified fog light grilles filled and filed then sprayed bodycolour.

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:13 pm

great work as always Mike

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:08 pm

They look spot on Mike. :thumbs:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:16 pm

I forgot to mention I wrapped my window trims finally! This has been the biggest thing that has bugged me for the last 4 years but I only recently got round to doing it.
I'm not happy with the finish and I will need to do it again, but it looks much better than it did before and from about 5 feet away it looks perfect but get any closer and you can see some bits that were cut too close and a little silver is still visible or where I didn't use the heat gun to shrink it. You can see it in the 2nd photo in my last post. I don't think I have any other day time shots of it, but I'll take some soon to post up.

Also fitted the tripe jet washer last week. Easy enough to fit, but a right bugger to aim. I've got them all quirting onto the winscreen now, kust need to improve the aim slightly, but still an improvement over previous twin shot.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Nicely done Mike, glad I wasn't alone in the aiming the tri-jet washers - what a ball ache!
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Nicely done Mike, glad I wasn't alone in the aiming the tri-jet washers - what a ball ache!
Yeah I had to pop the bonnet and actually remove them from the bonnet to aim, then refit, proplerly close the bonnet and test. Got fed up before they were perfect. Now I'm driving around with 6 black crosses marked on the inside of my screen until I finish aiming & them wipe them off. My garage doors were soaked by the time I gave up!

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:50 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Surrey Sam wrote:Nicely done Mike, glad I wasn't alone in the aiming the tri-jet washers - what a ball ache!
Yeah I had to pop the bonnet and actually remove them from the bonnet to aim, then refit, proplerly close the bonnet and test. Got fed up before they were perfect. Now I'm driving around with 6 black crosses marked on the inside of my screen until I finish aiming & them wipe them off. My garage doors were soaked by the time I gave up!
:lol: yes know that feeling, I think I went through two washer bottles of fluid before getting them about 95 %
right. Worth it though.

Gloss black grille and fog light trims look spot on :thumbs:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:11 pm

Thanks Sam, the fog light trims look much better in real life, hard to see in those photos really. The car in general just looks better in the flesh than in photos, maybe I just can't take a decent car shot!

LOL, I got through 1 and a half washer bottles before stopping!

Return to “Readers' Rides”