Mike's big RS4 modding project

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Mike's big RS4 modding project

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:23 am

NJMAudiRS4 wrote:Need more pics Mike !! Stop teasing
Lol, I wasn't teasing, my phone was over exposing the shots in the fading light last night so they look the wrong colour. I was hoping to get some better pictures this afternoon but I'll stick a couple up now anyway.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:28 am

Bad lighting so they look a different colour.

I picked mini graphite Matt.

Last edited by MikeFish on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:46 am

MikeFish wrote:
RossDagley wrote:Mike do you want some wheel nut caps/covers? I have some I bought for the RS6 but never fitted brand new in packaging. Can post them to you if you want them? Useless to me.
Funny you should say that. I was talking about this yesterday when I picked them up. I have all the caps I just took them off because I don't like them. But I noticed they looked odd without them once they wheels had been refitted. Del said you can buy black ones so I might look if I can find any if not I'll probably spray mine. If I spray them a spare set might be handy though. I'll let you before aitp.
Yeah mine are black plastic. Just shout and I'll bring em :)
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Looking good Mike, very stealth!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Jotter
Neutral

Post by Jotter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:01 pm

MikeFish wrote:Bad lighting so they look a different colour.

How is yours so low at the back? I've got KW springs on mine but its nowhere near as low as that, have you done something else or have i got dodgy springs?

Thanks

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:47 pm

My back is just wound all the way down. The front is not, but needs to come down a little more.
I also have a couple of amps and a load of sound deadening in the boot. I normally have a big subwoofer in there too but it wasn't in when this photo was taken. To be honest, the sub doesn't really make it look any lower so maybe the amps (which weigh less) don't either and it's just down to the springs.
Who fitted your springs?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:50 pm

RossDagley wrote:
MikeFish wrote:
RossDagley wrote:Mike do you want some wheel nut caps/covers? I have some I bought for the RS6 but never fitted brand new in packaging. Can post them to you if you want them? Useless to me.
Funny you should say that. I was talking about this yesterday when I picked them up. I have all the caps I just took them off because I don't like them. But I noticed they looked odd without them once they wheels had been refitted. Del said you can buy black ones so I might look if I can find any if not I'll probably spray mine. If I spray them a spare set might be handy though. I'll let you before aitp.
Ah, they're already black? That would be useful then!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:14 pm

Jotter wrote:
MikeFish wrote:Bad lighting so they look a different colour.

How is yours so low at the back? I've got KW springs on mine but its nowhere near as low as that, have you done something else or have i got dodgy springs?

Thanks
Or it might be the dead prostitute I keep in there.

Jotter
Neutral

Post by Jotter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:45 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Jotter wrote:
MikeFish wrote: Or it might be the dead prostitute I keep in there.
Must be that then haha it might just be a combination of a little extra weight and the 20" wheels maybe make it look lower. Going to take them off and check they're sat right when i find the time and can get on the ramp

Cheers

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Yes the 20s help. See the photo at the top of page 20 to see what it looked like last week with my 19s back on.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:01 pm

RossDagley wrote:
MikeFish wrote:
Actually, I've just remembered the actual conversation I had yesterday at Prestige; it wasn't about black caps, it was about replacing the actual bolts for black ones. I just had a quick look on ebay and it looks like there are loads on there so think I'll do that instead.
I just need to find the actual length of the OEM bolts. Searched and found someone saying they are 27mm but can only find 26 or 28mm ones so far on ebay.

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:09 pm

I got my black locking nuts from virdee

Rs4xenon
Neutral

Post by Rs4xenon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:39 am

Hey Im Trying to follow your thread but cant see why you removed the milltek for the standard what was the reason

Also the only sidelights that work on the RS4 100% no error are these no others work

http://www.xenonbulbs.co.uk/ERROR-FREE- ... HEATSHRINK

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:51 am

Hi rs4xenon.
If you mean the Tubi back boxes with milltek centre sections, I removed them because they were extremely loud and I kept getting stopped by police. Although it was quieter with the resonated centre sections I was still getting too much unwanted attention. I love a loud exhaust and loved the sound it made especially with the non resonated section but thought I'd try and see what I could do with the standard exhaust. I still prefer the look of the quad pipes though.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:17 pm

Whilst swapping my nuts over for the new black ones I thought I'd quickly record the exhaust noise as it sounds now.

It is only a quick vid filmed in the dark (and at about 10pm so didn't want to go too crazy).

Pretty good for £110 I think!

Return to “Readers' Rides”