RS4 BRAKE JUDDER

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Baz4
2nd Gear

Re: RS4 BRAKE JUDDER

Post by Baz4 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:29 am

Same happened to me as well. Wheels were on for 3 weeks after being refurbished then a slight wobble on the wheel at 60mph developed. I cleaned all the hub faces down and was about to get the tracking done when I decided to check the Newly fitted weights. 20grams were missing. Weights replaced and the problem has gone.

Timster
Cruising

Post by Timster » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:43 am

scaghead wrote:It is bloody annoying fella...
P_G how did you find out where one was near you? As on a google search could only find my nearest one if I lived in the states.. Not essex..
Use this site… they only show centres with Hunter equipment IIRC

http://www.alignmycar.co.uk
VW Toe-rag V6 R-line.... no curry hooks...wtf ?
Gone: Avus Avant B7 RS4.... plus curry hooks !

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 am

www.BalanceMyCar.co.uk

this suggests these places all use Hunter equipment
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

Tile Diver
4th Gear

Post by Tile Diver » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:13 am

Yep same here, noticed a small amount of vibration through the wheel at around 60 - 70 mph after a wheel refurb, and change of tyres. Not sure what it is but my first port of call when I get back is to put my winter wheels on the front and see if its still there, if it is then it's more than likely a brake issue, a slightly buckled wheel or a balancing issue.

I'll let you's know how I get on!! :beerchug:
B7 RS4 Avant 2007 Daytona Grey
Black Optics / Ti Pack
SS Suspension +
Sunroof
H&R Hubcentric Spacers
Milltek Res / Valved Cat Back
Stage 2 MRC Map
Cold Air Feed
Carbon Clean
Pre-Cats Gutted
447 PS

If in doubt.. Power out!!

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Timster wrote:
scaghead wrote:It is bloody annoying fella...
P_G how did you find out where one was near you? As on a google search could only find my nearest one if I lived in the states.. Not essex..
Use this site… they only show centres with Hunter equipment IIRC

http://www.alignmycar.co.uk
Cheers Tim.. :beerchug:
Took it to a place in wood ford today,they re balanced all four wheels,drove it still had the problem..went on the hunter machine had all the wheels done,drove it problem cured...and also driven it back 15 miles to home and the road I drove back on was mainly 50 ish mph all the way still as good as gold..so hopefully problem sorted..(touchwood)..
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:05 pm

ooh that's good news! hopefully I can have a simililar story - just need to get a chance to take it somewhere with a Hunter machine
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps

Firestarter
4th Gear

Post by Firestarter » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:31 pm

AmD have one Graham!
CheeRS
Louie

R35 GT-R
The Dark Destroyer
- ダークデストロイヤー
SVM650R stage 4.25
SVM 102mm decated zorst with Black Tips....ITS LOUD & HOT :-)
1050cc Asnu injectors,
SVM 80mm MAF intakes
K&N High Flow Filters
SVM Custom EcuTek map (Thanks John!!)
and a shitload of Carbon Fibre :-)

B7 RS4 (Mr T) - Gone but never forgotten and still in Surrey

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Firestarter wrote:AmD have one Graham!
Don't think it's the same hunter machine fella..i know they have the hunter four wheel drive alignment kit..the thing they used on mine was the gsp 9700.

The fella did say it could be a number of things,so the gsp 9700 is not a cure for everything..
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:32 pm

scaghead wrote:
Firestarter wrote:AmD have one Graham!
Don't think it's the same hunter machine fella..i know they have the hunter four wheel drive alignment kit..the thing they used on mine was the gsp 9700.

The fella did say it could be a number of things,so the gsp 9700 is not a cure for everything..
Found somewhere not to far with the GSP9700 - £18 a wheel, has to be worth a shot.

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Fingers crossed looks like that hunter machine has done the trick so many thanks P_G for the suggestion :-)

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:55 pm

New discs and pagid OEM pads fitted <1500 miles ago by Hitchin Audi (parts supplied by me - from ECP as part of the deal if anyone remembers).

Regretfully saying now have severe judder slowing gradually from high speed (I mean 130mph downwards for example, but just slowing, not trying to chew dash...)

Only other thing that complicates things is I've had a wheel refurb (by a local company, sprayed not powder coated) and have fitted H&R 8mm spacers basically at the same time as fitting the brakes.

I can't feel any lips or bumps etc on the front discs, and they visually look ok. Is it worth having that guy Marcus (skimmydiscs) as I'm only 20 miles from him, or better to get a hunter balance or...?

Bit gutted tbh. That lot cost a fortune lol.
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

Gavla
3rd Gear

Post by Gavla » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:10 pm

I would give Marcus a call as he's local, knows his stuff and it's probably worth checking these things in detail.
RS4 (B7) Saloon Phantom Black, Black Optics, Tech Pack, KW Lowering Spring Kit, Stern Adjustable Arms, MRC Stage 2, Stage 1 Manifold, CAF, LOBA Stage 1 Clutch,
447ps/490nm (MRC), Scorpion Exhaust Non-Res Black Tips, Pre-cats gutted, Shadow Black Chrome Alloys, Viper Alarm, LED Interior lights, Tints

AudiSingh
Neutral

Post by AudiSingh » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:02 am

HI RossDagley

Did you get your brakes fixed?

I had exactly the same issue as yourself and Marcus fixed the problem straight away. That was 12 months ago and no problem since
Currently - nothing!
Past Cars:
Misano Red B7 RS4 Saloon with Black Optics, Milltek Non-Res Valved with black tips, lowered 20mm with H&R springs, stock DRC suspension
Phantom Black S4 B7
Audi A8 3.0TDi

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 am

AudiSingh wrote:HI RossDagley

Did you get your brakes fixed?

I had exactly the same issue as yourself and Marcus fixed the problem straight away. That was 12 months ago and no problem since
hi!

I've had MRC check the hubs and wheel face, and there was nothing really to find - they made sure the surfaces were clean but other than that, there was no improvement. Then I mentioned to Doug that I was running the EuroCarParts "oem" pads and he almost slapped me. He recommended I change immediately to Ferodo Premiere pads (still very low cost, but much better apparently).

I bought online last week and drilled all the holes in the discs clean (there was a LOT of pad material). Then I fitted the new pads.

I didn't have much time, but bedded the pads in as best as I could on Wednesday last week. Thursday I drove the 700 miles from my house to the Nurburgring where I've spent the last 4 days, returning yesterday. By the end of the trip there, I experienced no more judder at all. I did 7 laps of the 'ring (3 back to back) and never experienced anything other than perfect breaking. No judder, no fade, nothing. Then drove home yesterday, again, with perfect brakes.

The pagid pads I was recommended by Doug @ MRC have completely cured my judder for sure. I think I will need another set of pads soon (I have another 'ring trip next month) so may go for something better again, but I think the lesson here is nasty cheap pads = expensive option. I was very lucky not to have ruined a brand new set of disks with those cheap EuroCarParts shitty pads. :(

Here are the pads I'm currently using:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161259193413
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

davers6
3rd Gear

Post by davers6 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:24 pm

I have a ring trip next month so I like what your saying but you mentioned ferodo and pagid pads in your post can you clarify please

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”