MFSW mode/speech buttons not working

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
PaulT
1st Gear

MFSW mode/speech buttons not working

Post by PaulT » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:06 am

Hi,

Hoping someone might have bit of experience with the buttons on MFSW.

I have 56 plate RS4 Avant and the 2 buttons on the MFSW (mode and speech/voice) do nothing, the volume and selection scrollers work fine.

I have checked the coding for the steering wheel - channel16 is coded 04442 which appears to match the wheel type and the options. Tried changing this to 14442 as first digit is supposed to indicate navigation fitted, so was strange it was set to not fitted - but made no difference.

Any ideas? Hoping to get the mode button working, less bothered about the speech/voice control.
Thanks for any pointers.
Paul
Daytona RS4

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: MFSW mode/speech buttons not working

Post by Surrey Sam » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Have you checked to see if module 37 Navigation has been coded correctly, the last digit should include 4 for the MFSW.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

PaulT
1st Gear

Re: MFSW mode/speech buttons not working

Post by PaulT » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:01 am

Thanks. Radio/rnse is coded with last digit as 7 which if I read the Ross tech setting correctly is the base value of 1 + 2 for cd changer + 4 for the MFSW ( and no tv tuner fitted). So I think it's right.....Wonder if it's a HW issue?
Daytona RS4

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”