Audi Sport Day at Oulton Hall 20th August

General Forum for Warranty, Dealers, Servicing, Insurance, Breakdown, etc
hiredog
Neutral

Audi Sport Day at Oulton Hall 20th August

Post by hiredog » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:07 pm

As an RS6 c6 owner i was invited to the annual Audi Sport Day at Oulton Hall (Leeds) yesterday. They had available to drive R8's, RS6's, RS4's, RS5's, S1's and maybe more that i didnt see. I missed out on the R8 booking but managed to secure both a RS6 C7 and a new RS4 both Avants. Possibly i did it the wrong way around as I did the RS6 first and then the RS4, but i was blown away with the RS6 and loved the RS4. The only thing the RS4 won against the RS6 in my opinion was sound, louder, throatier and sweeter. The blip on shift down was gorgeous.

The RS6 was miles ahead in speed, torque, grip and ride quality. Got to say the interior of the RS6 with the new style screen flip out from the dash was better too.

Both test drives were unaccompanied for 1 hour, and both myself and a friend were in agreement, the overtaking ability of the RS6 is unbelievable, 1 or 2 cars in the RS4 was 3-4 or more in the RS6.

There was no sell at all from Audi, just food, drink and advice from the Audi professional drivers (who could take you out if you preferred).

Loved the whole experience and I'm counting the days til i can upgrade from the C6 to the C7 RS6. What a car. :jump:

Carl
RS6 Avant Sepang Blue

Return to “Audi S and RS Ownership”