2nd Gear

Re: My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Post by weekenny » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Ask Recaro direct rather than Audi.

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:06 pm

weekenny wrote:Ask Recaro direct rather than Audi.
Yeah kinda what I ment :) thanks bud!
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:19 pm

Yes I agree, I don't see any issues with the strength of the straps as you are using proper seat belt buckles bolted to proper seat belt anchors so they are designed to be able to withstand the forces of an impact.
But I can also see the issue with using the seat belt hoops. In the event of an impact you are exerting a downward and forward force at the point of the hoops (ie the seat back) which you wouldn't normally be doing if using the normal set belt and this force could break the seat back or push it further forward. During a normal frontal impact using a normal seat felt, all the force from your body is exerted onto the seat belt and it's 3 anchor points, no force onto the seat until you fall back into it.

pule333
5th Gear

My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Post by pule333 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:12 am

So a few recent updates:
First of, dismantled and sent for hydro dipping wing mirrors and steering wheel trim to http://kentcustomdipping.co.uk/
Awsome work they do. And they have exclusive Ferrari matched carbon fibre that looks 99.9% as good as the real thing ;)
ImageImage
Second on my to do list was GruppeM intake.
OMG THAT SOUND!!! I don't even care that it's robbing me of some ponies due to heat soak. Will do heat shield soon but for now... Omg!!!! Image wrapped the bottom portion in gold reflective film to eliminate some radiant heat.
ImageImage
Also got second 4point harness and test fitted.
Literally takes few minutes to install and take of. Only used on the track, with all original mounting points.Image
Next on the list was window trim. Decided to go tried and tested route. Used this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191814211575
Take me about 2 hours to do the lot. Perfect results every time :) and only £13 he he
And the last thing I did was to apply wheel stickers. Because race car Image and been told it gives you at least 10hp. And some race track maps on the side of the car. So far the ones I already done and few new ones that I am booked for over the next few month.

A little wash, a little polish and of we go to wings&wheels.

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Ilya, car looks stunning at Wing and Wheels., like the stance.
Tell me, why do so many cars have that lanyard type thing attached between the bonnet and latch when they open the bonnet at car shows? I alwyas wondered why they do it?

Not a fan of carbon dipping though, I don't like the way the weave curves around items whereas as genuine carbon is normally in straight lines or at 45 degree angles.

Now you have the Gruppe M, a decent size cold air feed is vital and makes a really big difference. MRC fitted mine and they used an 89mm pipe as that is the ideal size to fit over the standard air box trumpet inlet, but there is no need for it to be so small when you have an open inlet like the Gruppe M / Revolution do and the more the air the better to keep those intakes temperaturs down. I change my 89mm for a 102mm. This easily fits through the same space and made a huge difference. My intake temps are around 10 degrees above ambient when moving. What size did you fit?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Oh, and I can't believe you haven't changed that coolant reservior yet, you need to do that now!!

And also move this thread to the readers wives section.

pule333
5th Gear

My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Post by pule333 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:55 pm

MikeFish wrote:Oh, and I can't believe you haven't changed that coolant reservior yet, you need to do that now!!

And also move this thread to the readers wives section.
thanks Mike :)
About that Lyneard, honestly have no idea. Tried searching but no good explanation. In my opinion, it looks much neater when half opened and does not invite people to touch like a fully opened would :)

Regarding CAF, I have 89mm but already been thinking to go next size up. Just waiting for materials to make custom heat shield and will decide what size to make but was thinking 102mm should be good. Heat soak is a royal bitch! Today was loging temp and it went as high as 80 in heavy traffic. ImageImageImage But actually going on the motorway the other day at ambient 22deg it was showing 27-28. With whooping 346g/s at 7.1k rpm. Image

Regarding coolant thingy, :) already on order from Audi. My local dealer didn't have one in stock in time for wings&wheels. Should pick it up on Wednesday.

Ps. What's readers wives section? Am I missing something? :)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:32 pm

Well, it's called readers ride not wives.
viewforum.php?f=121

It's anew section for all our build threads. If you want yours moved there, click the exclamation mark sign at the top of your posts which takes you to the Report This Post page and just ask Phil to move your thread to the Reders Ride section. A link will still exist in the B7 section too so you can find it from there too.

pule333
5th Gear

My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Post by pule333 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Recived heat shield material from demontweaks G11 Double layer.
Had few hours to spare before going to snetterton300 and decided to make this.
Let's hope it will bring the temp down a little.
Will log the temp on the way there as well as on the track and report back. With out heat shield, in traffic min deference in temp around 20deg. (Max 80deg) on motorway min was 5-6deg at 80mph.
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by pule333 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:09 pm

Lools good mate, where did you get the GruppeM from? Any chance of some sound vids?
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

Rw@@dy
4th Gear

Post by Rw@@dy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Could do with one of those myself if you fancy Making a few more

Matt_lad
1st Gear

Post by Matt_lad » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:10 pm

I like what you've done with the car.

Nice handy work on the heat shield.
B7 RS4 - Sprint Blue Saloon
MRC Stg2 map : Pre-cat delete : MRC Stg2 Inlet : CAF : 437PS/462Nm
Int. & Ext. LED's : KW V3's : H&R Spacers 8mm

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Lukes3 wrote:Lools good mate, where did you get the GruppeM from? Any chance of some sound vids?
Bought second hand. It's not worth retail price!! Revolution at £570ish is hardly worth it..... Great sound mod. Power wise, probably you will loose some. I love it!!!! Sound and throttle response is way better.
Will make some videos soon

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Rw@@dy wrote:Could do with one of those myself if you fancy Making a few more Image
Hmmm there is a possibility I could make you one. :)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

pule333
5th Gear

My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Post by pule333 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:56 pm

I can happily report that heat shield is doing its job in my opinion. Today was a hot day at the track. 27-29 ambient. But been loging my air temp after about 3 laps and it consistently stays around 34-35 degrees. Considering that oil temp are around 120deg. And engine constantly around 6.5-7.5rpm, 5-6deg difference in intake air temp is good me thinks.:) next step is larger CAI (102mm) and possibly secondary feed from wheel arch location where OEM box connects.
Also love the light weight wheels :) on the public roads it's hard to tell the difference but on the track, the car feels much happier mid corners and acceleration out of them as well.
Now seriously considering teamDynamics 1.3 18" with some track day rubbers :)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Return to “Readers' Rides”