Faisal's RS4

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: Faisal's RS4

Post by Covkiller » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:26 pm

The coolant tank is a quick and cheap replacement, it really lifts the look of the engine bay.
The tray looks great too, how much was it please?
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:22 pm

Covkiller wrote:The coolant tank is a quick and cheap replacement, it really lifts the look of the engine bay.
The tray looks great too, how much was it please?
It does indeed! I also now know what my coolant tastes like Image

I think they'll be making the undertrays for about £600, but don't quote me.

Punz - did they give you a quote?
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:28 pm

MikeFish wrote:Nice! Makes a big difference for a little outlay.

The R8 cap gets quite tight too i.e. can be quite difficult to get it to move out of the fully closed position.
Also, is the cap in that photo fully closed? The R8 one closes the right way round.
Ah thanks for the tip Mike. Perhaps I'll just stick with the OEM one.

It was closed as far as I could get it - but might have needed a couple more degrees of rotation.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:47 pm

The R8 cap closes like mine here:

Not sure if you can modify your Porsche one to site at the same angle or maybe you prefer it that way round?

Punz
Neutral

Post by Punz » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:32 am

They quoted about £600 as quite a lot of work is involved.

st33zus
Neutral

Post by st33zus » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:32 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Got my first ever trackday under my belt on Wednesday, awesome fun! :jump_clap:

Had an instructor for the morning session, which was incredibly useful. Got much better through the morning, but still loads to learn about track driving. Was good to meet some fellow forum members there too.

A few pics, and video of one lap. Apologies for the slightly dodgy angle, suction mounts not allowed so had to improvise!

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/E-Bm-gmEP6E
That was beyond sick.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Faisal's RS4

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:05 am

New hawk HPS pads fitted all round yesterday and bedded in per hawk's recommended method (6-10 moderate stops from 30-35mph, then 3 hard stops from 40-45mph).

Was surprised to learn that the pads coming off were just the OEM ones. Looking forward to seeing if the hawks give me any better performance over what I thought was already pretty good braking. Other surprise was that my passenger side rear caliper was seized (in the brakes off position). That's sorted and discs given a clean bill of health for a while yet.

Main reason for this post though is that I got a chance to poke around under the car for the first time as the car was parked on the ramp when I arrived. A chance to admire the job JCWF did under there. Not the best pics as it was a ramp rather than a lift, still, I like it. I shouldn't like the underside of a car this much!

I also cemented my status as "car obsessed weirdo" by getting these printed and laminated:

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:08 am

I need one of those undertrays. As soon as mine is dead I'm getting one.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:12 am

Been a while since any updates. Just checked back and I made it a year without changing wheels!

Now running 20" Ispiri ISR8's, 9" wide up front and 10" wide at the rear, with fresh Michelin PSS tyres.

Since the last update, I also had the Driving Passion carbon fibre rear diffuser fitted.

A zillion pics to follow...

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Faisal's RS4

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 am

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:21 am

Very tasty Faisal!!! Me likey
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:24 am

Nice wheels, but they look a bit odd to me front v back being different sizes.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Thanks guys

Yeah the staggered look can be a bit marmite!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

denis.dasilva2
1st Gear

Post by denis.dasilva2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:43 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
daytonamart wrote:Well said Pardner, I think we need some more pics of that lovely interior Faisal.
Cheers Gents, I definitely got lucky that it was for sale when I was looking.

Interior pics as requested!

The pics (taken from the classified ad) seem to have a slightly red hue to them, which is not the case in person.

Can't believe I was originally thinking of retrimming the wheel in leather! :bash: Love it now
Car show style, very nice

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Nice. Liking the new wheel. I wonder how long they'll last...

Return to “Readers' Rides”