Dyno Day @ Eurospec Dyno 12th Nov

Organise and discuss trackdays and meets
pule333
5th Gear

Re: Dyno Day @ Eurospec Dyno 12th Nov

Post by pule333 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Fatneck73 wrote:Im in...good man for sorting this out. put me down for the 11.30 slot. C63.
ohhh you evil evil man :) ps. There was a Dart charge outstanding on the RS4 from December 2015 ;) so you owe me £2 lol
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Fatneck73
4th Gear

Post by Fatneck73 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Ha ha...are they finally chasing that up. It was from when I took the car to QST...I registered whilst at QST but coz I'd gone through that morning before registed, they don't backdate. I mailed them proactively to say hey, you haven't charged me ... and I've chased it up ... but nothing. So what have you had through?

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Fatneck73 wrote:Ha ha...are they finally chasing that up. It was from when I took the car to QST...I registered whilst at QST but coz I'd gone through that morning before registed, they don't backdate. I mailed them proactively to say hey, you haven't charged me ... and I've chased it up ... but nothing. So what have you had through?
Ha ha we went to brands hatch in September and I paid for a return journey £4. Few weeks later get a fine in a post for £60 something quid. I appealed right away with my return payment receipt. Than they send me a letter saying that, their record shows I made a payment for 2 journey but one more is outstanding. And they are prepared to let it go if I simply pay the £2 charge. I called them up because there were no dates on the letter thinking WTF? How is that possible I made 3 journey in one day. Turns out one of them was for December 2015 :) they guy suggested I apeal since I did not own the car. But I asked if they would chase the old owner and he said yes they would. So I though for £2 it's not worth the hassle writing them letters and you getting in more trouble lol. So I told they guy on the phone, let me pay the £2 to make it easy since I know the guy who didn't pay it on the first place ;) so yeah you owe me £2 ha ha. Would you like to set up a payment plan? I don't take cheques tho ha ha.

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Fatneck73 wrote:Ha ha...are they finally chasing that up. It was from when I took the car to QST...I registered whilst at QST but coz I'd gone through that morning before registed, they don't backdate. I mailed them proactively to say hey, you haven't charged me ... and I've chased it up ... but nothing. So what have you had through?
Ha ha we went to brands hatch in September and I paid for a return journey £4. Few weeks later get a fine in a post for £60 something quid. I appealed right away with my return payment receipt. Than they send me a letter saying that, their record shows I made a payment for 2 journey but one more is outstanding. And they are prepared to let it go if I simply pay the £2 charge. I called them up because there were no dates on the letter thinking WTF? How is that possible I made 3 journey in one day. Turns out one of them was for December 2015 :) they guy suggested I apeal since I did not own the car. But I asked if they would chase the old owner and he said yes they would. So I though for £2 it's not worth the hassle writing them letters and you getting in more trouble lol. So I told they guy on the phone, let me pay the £2 to make it easy since I know the guy who didn't pay it on the first place ;) so yeah you owe me £2 ha ha. Would you like to set up a payment plan? I don't take cheques tho ha ha.

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:55 am

Nice one Ade!

Zebede - You ok with 12.15?

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)
2.8 VW Bora V6 4motion (Blue)
4.2 Audi RS4 B7 Avant (Black)

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:59 am

I know it's a bit late but is there anything I should do/check before the dyno tomorrow? I've never put a car on one before? Do I need to check tyre pressures? Full tank of fuel etc? Or is it ok to just rock up and go? Cheers :beerchug:

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:40 pm

I've had mine dyno'd 3 times I think - no special prep really. Tyre pressures and a full tank of 99 sound like good ideas though.

Only thing I will point out is that the B7 is really really susceptible to heat soak with the poor airflow you get on the dyno....so, I'd make sure the bonnet stays open.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Since we are eliminating the biggest variable, the "gasket" between the steering and the seat ;) full tank of Tesco finest and correct tyre pressure will be sufficient ;)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:49 pm

pule333 wrote:Since we are eliminating the biggest variable, the "gasket" between the steering and the seat ;) full tank of Tesco finest and correct tyre pressure will be sufficient ;)
Ooooh look at Mr Formula 1 driver over here! :roll: Does a few track days and thinks he's Lewis Hamilton! :lol:

A tank of Shell VPower will have to do. Cheers guys :thumbs:

See you in the morning Lewis :beerchug:

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:54 pm

MrHilario wrote:
pule333 wrote:Since we are eliminating the biggest variable, the "gasket" between the steering and the seat ;) full tank of Tesco finest and correct tyre pressure will be sufficient ;)
Ooooh look at Mr Formula 1 driver over here! :roll: Does a few track days and thinks he's Lewis Hamilton! :lol:

A tank of Shell VPower will have to do. Cheers guys :thumbs:

See you in the morning Lewis :beerchug:
Lol Image is that how it came across? Ha ha I actually meant all of us as drivers not you! Since it's the same guy testing.
Ps. I am more like Jenson Button actually since I am white and not winning as much ;)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Hahahaha, I'll let you off then! I thought you was talking about me! :bash:

Surely you are more like Kvyat, you know, the russian bloke! :P

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:04 pm

MrHilario wrote:Hahahaha, I'll let you off then! I thought you was talking about me! :bash:

Surely you are more like Kvyat, you know, the russian bloke! :P
No! He's got no beard ;) and not as good as I am ;)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:12 pm

Thank you Simon for organising today!
Been a fun day either way even though we did not see the numbers we were hoping for.
Here is how the numbers stuck up:
Dan RS6 - 554bhp
Adrian c63 - 414bhp
Ilya Rs4 - 353bhp
Simon Rs4 - 295ish (slipping clutch and other unknown issues)

So after all this, I decided Fcuk it! I want another opinion on this lol so went to another Dyno straight away. Luckily there is one just 5min from my house would you believe that. And managed 370 on their dyno. Don't really understand how numbers can be so different. What is interesting torque is almost same as what AMD did when they mapped it 6months ago. Around 320fp.lb but peak bhp is 40+ lower. I suspect it's due to installing gruppeM and inlet spacers. Need map tweak ASAP. Or as Mike would say, "go to MRC"

Either way, I don't really care about the numbers. What is important is how the car feels on the road :)

AMD Image
Dyno dynamics
Dyno performance

https://vimeo.com/191296154
Last edited by pule333 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:38 pm

No worries mate, good to see you all again, and nice to meet zebede too :thumbs:

Disappointed with what happened but hopefully won't be too serious, was fine driving home, revving well over 7k so not sure what it is, will get it up to AMD next weekend and see what they say :audibash:

Nice pic too! Can you put up the normal one without my pathetic figures please? Want to use it. Cheers :beerchug:

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:09 pm

:beerchug:

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Return to “Trackdays and Meets”