Dyno Day @ Eurospec Dyno 12th Nov

Organise and discuss trackdays and meets
FaisalJ
Cruising

Dyno Day @ Eurospec Dyno 12th Nov

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:59 pm

They do say dyno testing your RS4 is like paying someone to kick you in the balls!!

Mine made 365hp on a dynojet at Austec Racing (with most runs actually around 350), but then 380 shortly after at MRC. The discrepancy was blamed on heatsoak as the testing at Austec was done with bonnet closed, shortly after the car had been rev'd like crazy for quite a while during a "hydrogen carbon clean."

I'm wondering now though if there is something up with the way the dynojet calculates the drive train power loss on 4WD, to return an engine power number.
Last edited by FaisalJ on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Dyno Day @ Eurospec Dyno 12th Nov

Post by MikeFish » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:49 am

Yeah I was looking at Dan's numbers earlier. Never seen a C7 run standard numbers before (except mine as I think the Performance power figures are actual real figures). And I know Dan's car is not under powered so I suspect this dyno is reading lower than some others (other they're correcting it differently). Not saying it's wrong, just saying some dynos read differently. May not be anything wrong with your cars. Was Ades C63 number as expecting? Again this might be a 2WD and 4WD difference / correction factor.

Fatneck73
4th Gear

Re: Dyno Day @ Eurospec Dyno 12th Nov

Post by Fatneck73 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:16 am

Hey...I didn't know what to expect really. Claimed figure when new is 457bhp ... so if the Dyno was reading c10% less (for the NA's), then that'd equal out.

Return to “Trackdays and Meets”